Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yoga today was really challenging


Yoga today was really challenging. Our instructor, Joseph is focusing on inversions. Yes, inversion, upside down. So from the beginning of the session our yoga poses were to lead to doing inversion. It was some workout. After doing what it seems like infinite numbers of planks and vinyasa flows I was exhausted. I also learned that I have not been doing my warrior and other poses correctly luck for me Joseph is a great yoga instructor. He is brutal but all worth it. I could feel it all over my body. Since I been practicing yoga I feel so much better. My ability to focus, my posture has improved so much, but the best part, my sleep. I was so exhausted I actually once fell asleep when I was doing shivasana. That’s when we’re supposed to rest and focus and oneself, I focused on sleep….

After this rigorous workout, I wanted something cold so I could cool down, did I mention my yoga is hot yoga. Well in this 30 degree weather, when spring is supposed to be here by now, I was reluctant to drink iced cold anything. So I decided to brew myself Awakening, black tea with a touch of mint. I was little nervous about taking black tea in the evening but I didn’t let it steep too long, less than two minutes. The flavor and the smell of mint were so refreshing. It was like a little cooler for my body. Thanks Joseph for great yoga practice and Awakening for quenching my achy body. A very nice way to end my evening.

>>Awakening...